Because electronic devices are getting smaller, consume less energy and are cheaper, we have started to beautify our bodies with personal information and means of communication. These devices include mobile phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), portable video games and beepers. There is currently no method of data exchange between these devices. The combination of these devices in a network reduces the functional redundancy of inputs/outputs and offers new services and features.
Human society is entering an era of ubiquitous computing, in which networks are inextricably linked and information is always available. The practical implementation of ubiquitous services requires three levels of connectivity:
- Broadband networks (WAN), usually over the Internet, for the remote connection of all types of servers and terminals ;
- local area networks (LANs), generally via an Ethernet or WiFi connection between all information and communication equipment in offices and homes, and
- Human Area Networks (HAN) to connect personal information, media and means of communication in a much smaller area of daily life.
Red Tacton is a revolutionary technology that uses the surface of the human body as a safe and fast transmission channel for the network. In the past, Bluetooth, Infrared (IrDA), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and other technologies have been proposed to solve connection problems. Red Tucton, however, chooses a different technical approach. In this article we will therefore explain Red Tacton’s new and unique functionality and enormous potential as a human zone network technology.
We are evolving towards an electronic future in which information is always and everywhere available. Some of the computer and communication equipment needed for such intimate and direct access to information will be included in our costume. Just as watching today’s wristwatch will save you the trip to the next watch, watching tomorrow’s wristwatch will replace searching for an email control terminal.
Red Tacton is a new human networking technology that uses the surface of the human body as a secure high-speed network path for data transfer. Red Tacton is a state-of-the-art technology that, for the first time, enables reliable HAN at high speed. In the past, Bluetooth, Infrared (IrDA), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and other technologies have been proposed to solve the problem of connecting the last meter. However, each of them has other fundamental technical limitations that limit its use, such as a dramatic drop in transmission speed in a multi-user environment, leading to network congestion.
WHAT IS RED TACTON?
Red Tacton was introduced by the Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), which combined touch and action to emphasize the term Tacton, then added the word red – a warm colour – to emphasize the warm and cordial relationship, resulting in the name RedTacton. It is a technology that uses the surface of the human body as a safe transmission path for a high-speed network.
- RedTacton uses a small electric field that is emitted to the surface of the human body. Technically, it’s very different from wireless and infrared.
- The transmission path is formed when part of the human body comes into contact with the RedTacton transceiver. The physical separation ends with the contact and thus the communication ends.
- With RedTacton, communication begins when terminals sent by the user or integrated into devices are connected in different combinations, depending on the natural physical movements of the user.
- Communication is possible with any body surface, such as hands, fingers, arms, feet, face, legs or torso. RedTacton also works with shoes and clothing.
Red Tacton Technology
RedTacton has three main characteristics, which are listed below
Feel it: Touching, holding, sitting, walking, stepping and other human movements can be a trigger to unlock or lock, start or stop the camera, or to obtain data.
Broadband and interactive : The throughput does not decrease, even in the case of duplex operation and simultaneous access by many users! Interactive duplex communication is possible with a maximum speed of 10 Mbps. Because the transmission path is located on the surface of the body, the transmission speed does not deteriorate in areas of heavy traffic where many people communicate at the same time.
- All media: In addition to the human body, various conductors and dielectrics can be used as transmission media. Wires and dielectrics can also be used in combination.
RedTacton uses a different technical approach. Instead of relying on electromagnetic waves or light waves for data transmission, RedTacton uses weak electric fields on the surface of the body as a transmission medium.
- The RedTacton transmitter induces a weak electrical field on the body’s surface.
- The RedTacton receiver detects changes in the weak electrical field on the body’s surface caused by the transmitter.
- RedTacton is based on the principle that the optical properties of an electro-optical crystal can vary with changes in a weak electric field.
- RedTacton detects changes in the optical properties of an electro-optical crystal using a laser and converts the result into an electrical signal in the optical reception circuit.
Red Tacton has a wide range of applications, some of which are listed below:
ONE AT A TIME:
Inclusion of individual services according to the situation and taste of the user.
- The attribute information stored in the RedTacton is sent to the corresponding objects.
- The service is based on attribute information received by the RedTacton receiver.
Eliminating human error:
RedTacton devices embedded in drug vials transmit information about the properties of the drugs. If the user touches the wrong medication, an alarm is triggered on the terminal he or she is carrying.
- The alarm only sounds when the user actually touches a medicine bottle, reducing the number of false alarms that are common with passive wireless ID labels and that can be activated simply by proximity.
- Prevention of risks on construction sites (an alarm goes off if special equipment is used by anyone other than inspectors).
MARKETING APPLICATIONS :
When a consumer stands in front of a billboard, advertisements and information are automatically displayed based on their characteristics. By touching or placing interesting objects the consumer can get more detailed information. In-store customers can view relevant information on their mobile device as soon as they touch a product.
- Print wherever you want by touching the printer with one hand and connecting the computer or digital camera with the other.
- Complex configurations are reduced by loading device drivers at first contact.
- Transfer songs from a laptop to a portable music player at the touch of a button.
Immediate exchange of private data :
Shake hands to share personal profile data between mobile user devices. (electronic exchange of business cards)
- Thanks to authentication and encryption technologies, communication can be confidential.
- Group photos taken with a digital camera are immediately transferred to a human mobile device.
- Schematics written on whiteboards during the sessions are transferred to mobile human terminals on site.
THE PERSONALISATION OF MOBILE PHONES :
- Your own phone number will be highlighted and the billing process will begin.
- Automatic import of personal address book and call history.
- The computer adapts to the user’s specifications at the touch of a button.
THE PERSONALISATION OF VEHICLES :
- The sitting position and the height of the steering wheel can be adjusted to the driver’s position simply by sitting in the car.
- The driver of the house is set as the destination in the navigation system of the car.
CONFERENCING SYSTEM :
The conductive plate is integrated in the table.
- The connection to the network is initiated by simply placing the laptop on the table.
- By using different patterns on the sheet, you can segment the table into subarrays.
- Walls and partitions can be used as a means of communication, with the exception of the design of the electrical wiring.
- Special networks can be created using conductive liquid sprays.
RedTacton can transfer music or videos between headsets, mobile devices, mobile phones, etc.
- Users can listen to music from the Red Tacton player simply by putting on headphones or holding the viewer in their hand.
- Connecting the main screens.
MANAGEMENT OF USER AUDITS :
When you carry a RedTacton mobile device in your pocket, your identity is verified and the door is unlocked when the user normally holds the door handle.
Secure locking can be managed by combining personal authentication tools such as fingerprint identification or other biometric data in a mobile terminal.
COMMUNICATION IN A NEW FIELD :
Potential for use as a means of communication in space and under water.
Can be used as a means of communication with devices in the human body.
- RedTactone does not require direct contact between the electrode and the skin.
- High speed communication is possible between any two points on the body.
- The current method requires a clear signal line and a ground line. The capacitive coupling can be replaced by the voltage method. The electrode must therefore not come into direct contact with the skin.
RedTacton has a wide range of unique new functions and great potential as human space technology. NTT is committed to quickly identify and discover those applications that offer the best business opportunities for RedTacton, a coordinated business development process within NTT.
This technology clearly distinguishes itself when data transfer is fast, feasible and, above all, reliable. So in a few years, it all comes down to this amazing technology.
disadvantages of red tacton